1. Communicate birthdays throughout the school. Post a sign on a bulletin board, make an announcement in your school newsletter, or share it on your intranet when there are teacher birthdays.
2. Decorate teachers’ desks on their birthday. Use balloons, banners, and crepe paper to make their desk festive before they arrive in the morning.
3. Give a group card. Have the entire school staff sign a birthday card or certificate. Present it to the teacher on their big day!
4. Get the students involved. Have students each make a birthday card for their teacher. The personal touch will be extra memorable to the teacher!
5. Give the teacher a Happy Birthday lapel pin. They get to wear the birthday lapel pin all day, letting people know, “It’s my birthday!”
6. Share a dessert. Take turns bringing in dessert on a teacher’s birthday. Share a cake, cookies, or other sweet treat as a team!
7. Host a monthly celebration. To simplify birthdays in your school, hold monthly birthday parties and honor all teachers and staff who had a birthday during the month.
8. Give a small birthday gift. Teachers will appreciate a small token of your appreciation on their birthday. A small gift like Sweet Treats or their favorite candy is sure to make them smile.
9. Make the teacher king or queen for a day. Pass around a school crown or tiara. On the teacher’s birthday, she gets to wear the tiara and be queen of the school for the day! You get to decide the special privileges she can enjoy!
10. Send a birthday ePraise.
Parents should recognize teachers on their birthdays, too. It’s quick and easy to send a birthday ePraise
to your child’s teacher from work, home, or on the go!