Random Acts of Kindness Week is celebrated every February, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't commit acts of kindness year round! These 42 Random Acts of Kindness ideas are no cost, so they only require your presence and a smile!
1. Hold the door open for the person behind you.
2. Brush snow off someone else’s car in the parking lot.
3. Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk.
4. Pick up litter.
5. Babysit for free.
6. Leave baked goods in the mailbox for your mailman.
7. Donate a used book to your local library.
9. Return shopping carts to the store.
10. Run an errand for a neighbor.
11. Send a card to someone serving in the military overseas.
12. Help someone pick up items they dropped.
13. Donate clothes to Goodwill or Salvation Army.
14. Bake cookies for your coworkers.
15. Volunteer at a local charity.
17. Donate blood.
18. Collect canned goods for a food pantry.
19. Bring in your neighbor’s garbage can.
20. Let someone cut in front of you in line.
21. Give your leftovers from dining out to someone on the street.
22. Smile at strangers!
23. Say hello to the person next to you.
24. Give a compliment.
25. Help someone who is stranded on the side of the road.
26. Organize a group of friends to do yard work for a neighbor who is unable to do it themselves.
27. Clean up after yourself and someone else.
28. Invite someone who may be alone over for dinner.
29. Give someone a hug.
30. Encourage a child.
31. Praise your boss.
32. Write an inspirational quote on a post-it and put it on the bathroom mirror in your office.
33. Help someone before they ask.
34. Hold the elevator for someone running behind.
35. Introduce yourself to someone new.
36. Mow your neighbor’s yard.
37. Visit a local nursing home. Give handmade cards to all the residents.
38. Surprise a coworker with a free Baudville Print and Post with a handwritten note on the back.
39. Donate your time and skills to a local organization.
40. Take a box of hats, gloves, and scarves to a school for kids who need something warm.
41. Share your umbrella with someone who doesn’t have one.
42. Read to a child, or let the child read to you!