Do you celebrate Customer Service Week? You should! Every company is in the customer service business, whether you serve consumers, students, or other businesses. Celebrating Customer Service Week can improve morale and service levels among your employees and create more loyal customers.
Baudville has been celebrating Customer Service Week for years! This year, our new Customer Service Week recognition theme is Service Super Hero, so we’ve come up with our top five Customer Service Week ideas to help you plan a Super Hero Customer Service Week celebration:
1. Promote Your Theme. A theme ties all your events, communication and Customer Service Week gifts together, and it makes the event more memorable. For a Service Super Hero themed celebration, add a super hero treatment to all of your communications. Look at super hero comic books, movies and action figures for inspiration, and incorporate your favorite elements into emails, the intranet, and anywhere employees will get information on Customer Service Week.
2. Give a Gift. Make Customer Service Week memorable by giving employees a small gift to remember the super celebrations. Select a gift that they can use on a regular basis, like a new travel coffee mug or notecube for the desk. Gifts from our Service Super Hero collection will reinforce your theme and recognize excellent customer service efforts all year round.
3. Host a Game. Create custom puzzles for Customer Service Week with Super Hero names and terms using free online resources. Word searches, crosswords, bingo and Super Hero trivia can all be played when not helping customers. Award employees Tokens of Appreciation for correct answers and completing activities. At the end of the week, have a selection of prizes employees can “buy” with the tokens they’ve collected.
4. Make it Personal. Have managers write thank you notes to employees for their individual contributions to the customer experience. This small act of recognition makes Customer Service Week more personal for employees, and the specific recognition is extremely motivating! Encourage managers to have fun with their notes by highlighting a specific super hero quality for each employee. For example, “your response time is faster than a speeding bullet!”
5. Recognize Others. Every employee has a role in the customer experience. Recognize it! Include other departments in Customer Service Week by having cross-department games or giving special recognition to teams who help customer service.
For a super Customer Service Week, add one of these quick tips to your schedule of events!
- Enjoy super hero-decorated cupcakes from a local bakery.
- Show your super powers all week by wearing a Service Super Hero button.
- Have a Super Hero dress up day. Capes are highly encouraged!
- Sweeten up an afternoon with a sweet treat.
- Jazz up the office with super hero decorations from a party store.
Baudville’s Spirit Team plans some of the best Customer Service Week celebrations around! Learn from their best practices to plan your own meaningful Customer Service Week.
When it’s time to plan Customer Service Week, the Baudville Spirit Team always follows these best practice guidelines to ensure a successful celebration:
? Do something every day of the week. It doesn’t have to be big! Even an email recognizing recent accomplishments by the customer service team keeps the momentum rolling.
? Get the managers involved. Even though the Spirit Team does most of the event planning, managers still have a responsibility to get involved by recognizing their employees.
? Always include food! Food is a big part of our culture, so every year we incorporate a snack or a lunch into Customer Service Week.
ePraise Free & Effective Recognition
Customer Service Week Celebrations
Customer Service Recognition Week
Read all Customer Service Week Blog Articles!
Customer Service Week Ideas Recognition TV Webisode