Baudville has several articles and resources to help plan successful Employee Appreciation Day events and activities. Because Employee Appreciation Day is supposed to be a fun, celebratory day for employees, we’ve suggested incorporating games and friendly competitions into your day, and of course, recognizing winners with prizes. Since we’ve mentioned Employee Appreciation Day prizes so much, we thought it would only be fair to give our prize suggestions.
Employee Appreciation Day prizes motivate employees to participate in planned activities and encourage effort and performance. They also lead to high energy, participation and enthusiasm for your event.
Your Employee Appreciation Day prizes don’t have to be large or expensive. But it’s important that you award a prize that’s appropriate for the activity. Also, employees appreciate having a choice of Employee Appreciation Day prizes. Recognition is always more effective when it is personalized for the recipient, so having a small variety of similarly-priced prizes for employees to choose from is a simple way to make employees happy.
Consider using a selection of our Employee Appreciation Day prizes to reward your employees.
1. At Baudville, we create award certificates for winners of our internal contests. Award certificates give you the flexibility of creating a custom award without the custom award price. Frame the certificate or present it in a folder for extra display potential. You can also add a gift card for a local lunch spot to the award.
2. Food is a popular and low-cost prize for Employee Appreciation Day activities and events. Buy a variety package of full size candy bars or snack size bags of chips. Winners can pick their favorite treat. To add your own message of congratulations, create your own label and attach it to the snack.
3. Character Pins are a great Employee Appreciation Day prize. Because there are so many options to choose from, you’re certain to find one that coordinates with your game, activity or Employee Appreciation Day theme.
4. It’s a good idea to choose practical items for your Employee Appreciation Day prizes. Prizes that can be used in the office, like journals, notepads, or pens, are low-cost but can have a big impact because they get used everyday.
5. If you have several team activities and competitions planned for Employee Appreciation Day, a save and redeem system may be the best way to distribute Employee Appreciation Day prizes. Award coins or milestones to employees for meeting activity criteria. You can award tokens for participation, completing a task in a certain amount of time, or winning a competition. At the end of the day, employees use their saved tokens to make a selection from your Employee Appreciation Day prizes.