Thanksgiving: it’s the time of year we pause and reflect on what we’re grateful for – family, friends, health, pets, our jobs… Many of us count our jobs as one of our many blessings. Our jobs are the reason we can put food on the table; the reason we can enjoy the things we do when we’re NOT in the office!
While your staff may be thankful for their jobs, why not take this time to let them know that you are thankful for each and every one of them, as well?
Here are 5 Thanksgiving staff appreciation ideas to get you started:
1. Hold a Thanksgiving potluck and each person’s “ticket” to eat must include something he or she is thankful for. You can print tickets using our blank name badge paper stock.
2. Do a little turkey-time bowling with a frozen turkey and some empty water bottles in an empty hallway!
3. Raffle off a catered Thanksgiving dinner so one of your lucky staff members can enjoy some family time without spending hours in the kitchen.
4. Surprise your staff and let them leave at noon the day before the holiday! Download our Freedom Passes and include a personal note with your gift of time.
5. Leave a hand-written, personal note at each staff member’s work station letting them know exactly why you’re thankful for all that they do. Baudville offers a wide variety of affordable notes for your team.
As you can see from the ideas above, meaningful Thanksgiving staff appreciation ideas don’t have to cost a lot of money. Just breaking out of your daily routine to do something a little different will allow your staff some time to connect, reflect, and share their thankfulness together.
So, when you’re thinking of your own ideas for how to show employees appreciation for Thanksgiving, be sure to make it fun, personal, and thoughtful. After all, we spend so much time together at work; feeling appreciated for the work we do every day makes it all worthwhile.