"You're an Essential Piece." "Making a World of Difference." "Together Everyone Achieves More."
You're probably very familiar with these sentiments. We refer to them as recognition themes, a coordinating message and look that’s applied to gifts and recognition tools. Recognition themes make your appreciation more effective because the repeated message reinforces the value or behavior you’re recognizing.
Using a recognition theme has three primary benefits. First, you save time because you don't have to come up with your own theme. Creating a recognition theme takes our design team a lot of time! They agonize over every word and graphic detail – so you don't have to!
Second, using an established recognition theme saves you money. We've already produced all the coordinating gifts and tools, so you can get exactly what you need for an affordable price.
Finally, a recognition theme makes your event more memorable. A recognition theme offers consistency and repetition of your key messages, so your staff is more likely to remember it!
You may have purchased items from a recognition theme for a specific occasion or recipient, but did you know you can use themes to create an entire recognition program? Or coordinate your event? There are lots of creative ways you can apply a recognition theme. To help you get the most out of a theme, we’ve put together the top five ways you can use a recognition theme.
1. Create a Recognition Program. You can use your recognition theme to create an ongoing program that provides positive feedback to your team. The theme serves as the program name or "brand" and makes it more marketable. Choose day-to-day recognition tools in your theme, like a Cheers Kit, to make the program part of your daily routine.
2. Celebrate a Recognition Holiday. At Baudville, we always have a theme for recognition holidays like Employee Appreciation Day or Customer Service Week. The theme pulls together all the elements of our celebration, from the gifts to the activities. Employees can easily recall each event by its unique theme!
3. Coordinate your Special Event. A theme can bring your entire event together and leave a lasting impression on attendees. Download our free Event Planning Checklist to help you connect your theme to every aspect of your event.
4. Craft an Incentive Program. Motivate your team toward a goal with a short-term recognition program fueled by a theme! You may want to use Red Carpet Service to encourage your customer service team during a busy season or Together Everyone Achieves More (TEAM) to work toward a team goal.
5. Communicate with Staff. Infuse your communication with your recognition theme. Use themed event paper to post announcements around your office and send free ePraise, available in our most popular themes, to send a quick note of thanks or great job.