The holidays are an important time of year to express appreciation, and many managers take advantage of this time to appreciate their teams. To help you give personal and memorable team recognition this year, we've answered some of your common questions.
Why should I recognize my team at the end of the year?
When individuals feel appreciated for their contributions, they are more engaged in the organization’s objectives and more motivated to succeed. Recognition is an important strategy to propel your team into the new year.
How should I recognize my team?
Your verbal recognition is key to memorable year end team recognition. You should highlight team accomplishments and standout performances by sharing specific examples and stories from the past year.
Should I give my team a gift?
A gift will reinforce your recognition and serve as a reminder of your appreciation. When selecting a gift, choose something your team will use on a regular basis. During the holidays, personalized gifts that are customized with the recipient’s name are most popular. Our travel mugs are another great gift option for everyone that fits any budget.
When should I recognize my team?
The holidays are a popular time for teammates to take vacation, so be aware of your team’s vacation schedule. If your organization plans a party or award ceremony, ask for your recognition moment to be added to the agenda. You could also pull your team aside for a few minutes in a conference room to make your presentation of team gifts.
Year end team recognition can be made memorable with a special event setting or a gift, but the most important element of your recognition is sincerity. Carefully consider how you will recognize your team and choose your words carefully for truly impactful recognition!
Have you seen the Free Recognition Downloads in our Recognition Resource Center? It's full of useful tools for managing all your holiday events and recognition.
- Holiday Print and Posts – These fun sayings are guaranteed to bring cheer to the office! Cut out the sayings and deliver to co-workers in unexpected ways, like taped to their lunch box.
- Award Presentation Guide – The holidays are prime time for award ceremonies and presentations. Use this guide to prepare for all your award presentations.
- Employee Event Planning Checklist – Hosting an office party? This checklist is a helpful tool to keep track of all the details.
- Sample Award Certificate Titles – Get ideas for creative and memorable award titles! Great for award certificates or trophies.
Award ceremonies and presentations are common this time of year. Follow our award presentation best practices to prepare a personal presentation!
A personal award presentation is the most impactful and memorable. To create a personal award presentation:
1. Make the setting special.
2. Share stories about the individual.
3. Explain how the recipient exemplifies organization values.
4. Gather the entire team together or invite the recipient’s family members.
5. Personalize the award.
Download our Award Presentation Guide for more award presentation help!
How-To Use Recognition ThemesAwards Resource Page
Recognition TV Webisodes – Watch videos on Award Presentation Ideas and Year End Awards!
Year End Recognition Blog Posts